Sunday, March 26, 2017

Portland Excursions

Day number two of our Portland family fun time was packed full of activities. My sister and I got up at a decent time to head down to the Portland Saturday Market. I got most of my family's Christmas gifts there last year and always brag about how awesome the shops are. I had to take my sister down there, as her style fits well with Portland and I knew she'd love it too. We wandered through the stalls and "window" shopped most of the morning. We bought a few things here and there including an awesome skirt made from old t-shirts that my sister got me as my birthday gift.

We hopped on the Max and stopped at the Portland Japanese Garden next. It was a perfect fall day for walking through the garden. The leavers turning colors were a perfect background for the greenery of the garden. We both took way too many pictures, some of which I've posted below. We were sure to take in our surroundings and enjoy the beauty without looking through our phones/cameras.













The Portland Rose Garden is close to the Japanese Garden so we checked it out while we waited for a shuttle to the Max. It looks nice but after the Japanese Garden, it didn't really compare. I took a few pictures and I'll go back during the peak blooming season for the true beauty of the Rose Garden.


We took the Max to my car and went to the airport to pick up our parents. My sister and I had planned to take them to dinner some place fancy but we decided to avoid downtown and eat close to my place/their hotel. We went to the Rock Wood Fired Kitchen and it was the right choice! We all had excellent food and Brandt was able to join us for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment