Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Celebrating Love

My trip to Kansas City was instigated my by lovely friend, Sarah, getting married. After sleeping in to recover from family day, I went downstairs to hang out with the bride and my other friends while they were getting ready. It was wonderful to see my friends from college! It doesn't matter how far away we live or how long we go between talking, we pick up right where we left off.


The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a blast. I was at the table with my bridesmaids friends and their significant others, as well a few other college friends. The new couple was gorgeous! We had Joe's BBQ, which was amazing since my sandwich from the day before was inedible.


My friend's husband is in the Air Force, stationed in Japan. It was fun to see my married friends try to play wing man for my single friends. I'm not a talented dancer so I abstained but my friend's husband eventually dragged me onto the dance floor. There was a photo booth and the shenanigans were only increased because of it.


















Less than a day with my college friends was tough. I wish I could have seen them longer and had more time to talk, with the bride especially. The new couple will be living in Japan for the next year and I hope to go visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment