Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Zoom! Zoom!

After driving the same car for almost 11 years, I am the happy new owner of a 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback!

My new toy!


My Honda

I got my 2005 Honda Civic new in October 2004. It was a huge upgrade from my first car, which often had pieces fall off and smelled like mold when I ran the defrost. Oh, and I had to run the defrost all the time because the windows always fogged. My first car was also a manual. No fun to drive in a small town!

When I got my Honda, I requested that it be an automatic, have electric windows, and a clicker (to unlock/lock from a distance). I got all three! I loved my Honda and took very good care of it. It was coming up on 100,000 miles and needed too much work to keep it running well.

This crab was in my Honda from the day I got it.
So of course, it's new home is the Ford.
I found these in my central console when cleaning it out.


Car Shopping

This was my first time actually car shopping (last time I just tagged along with my parents). Brandt was immensely helpful and I couldn't have done it without him. I felt overwhelmed with what kind of car to get and how to judge which was the right one for me. He made two lists of 10: crossovers and sedans/hatchbacks. I couldn't afford a crossover that didn't have 150,000+ miles on it and I was not about to trade in a car for one with more miles! I settled for the second list.

A hatchback?? Ugh!

Brandt assured me that I'd love a hatchback. I thought of those cars from the 90s with wood paneling. It wasn't until I saw one in person that I knew he was right. He's often right! I loved the hatchbacks I drove and I'm excited to take the pups for a ride with the back seats down.

My Beauty!

Now time for pictures! Old vs new. I'm in love!

 Goodbye little Honda!


My new dash is electronic and has blue tooth. Oh and the seats are heated :)


So much room for puppy activities! The back seats fold down for more storage and for the dogs. 



To thank Brandt for the all of the help, we went to Firehouse Subs. We love their sandwiches but they're too expensive to eat there all the time. I also bought him some of their fire sauce that he loves.



No comments:

Post a Comment