Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I'm an Official Oregonian!

I went to the DMV and got my driver's license today. It was different than my first time, when I was 16 and went to the one at Strother Field. My test was on a touch screen computer rather than paper and pencil. It's been more than a decade so that didn't surprise me. The wait was longer as well but not terrible. All in all, it was quite uneventful.

The lady that helped me was born in KC and lived I'm Wichita for a while. She was so excited when she saw the address on my KS licence. We chatted about the differences between living in each place and she was super cheery. I didn't exactly expect a DMV employee to be in such a wonderful mood. It definitely made the experience better.

Now I'm working on getting my car registered here, plates (Oregon requires front and back), etc. I'll update with that saga once I've survived. It's a pretty penny to do all of this!

Brandt is a much better citizen than I, and did all of this last summer. Hopefully mine will go better than his experience (KS was quite confused on what to do with his electronic title). More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment