Tuesday, March 17, 2015

It's a Wonderful Day for Pi

This year was the Pi Day of the century so we decided to celebrate! Brandt is a great cook and made plans to make pie. He enjoyed looking up creative and ridiculous pi themed pie recipes. I got home from work while the pie was cooling. It was one of the best pies I've ever had!!


Brandt didn't know of my secret love for monster cookies, so it was a doubly good surprise. He said it was difficult to make because he had to make the monster cookie mix, the cheesecake filling, and then he also decided to make pizza from scratch so he made dough too.

The pizza was, of course, pi themed as well. The crust was a little too fluffy but it still tasted good. I thought the pepperoni was a cute touch. Brandt made enough dough for a second pizza, which we ate tonight. This time he made the crust flatter and the dough had time to age. It was delicious!

Today is my only day off this week, so I'm making this post quick so we can celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a glass of Guinness and another of Baileys. A delicious way to celebrate another great March holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment