Saturday, September 20, 2014

I Saw An Actor Today

While at work this afternoon, a gentleman came through my line who seemed very familiar. It took me a few seconds to put his face with a name. It was the actor who plays Monroe from Grimm.

Brandt and I watched the first few seasons but stopped because the plot moved too slowly (and each episode was almost exactly the same as the others but with a different "creature"). He plays a werewolf character on the show and is the main character's best friend. I didn't say anything other than the normal conversation during a transaction. I imagine actors get sick of people talking about their job and I've always told myself that if I met an actor I'd give him/her privacy and respect.

The reason for this post is more to talk about the show Grimm. It's filmed in Portland! I'd heard about this before we moved and I've seen a few things mentioning the show since we've been living here. Grimm debuted in 2011 and is still running, with this season premiering in October. The show is based in Portland and it also features locations all around town. I know that it's commonplace for a show to be set in a location but not actually film there. I loved that this show films in town. This website lists many of the locations featured in the show. I tried to do more research about their filming locations on a more reputable site but it's hard to locate anything related to that.

So far, I haven't seen any people that appear to secretly be animals. However, in the show, only certain people can see the creatures. Maybe I don't have that ability? Either way, it was fun to see someone famous. I never saw Bill Murray when I was in Manhattan, nor Harrison Ford when I lived in Wichita. Both have been spotted by people I know. However, If I saw one of the Game of Thrones actors, Ewan McGregor, or Edward Norton I wouldn't be able to contain myself! I'd probably scream like a little girl and run up to them gushing about how awesome they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment