Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Zoo Lights


The zoo in Portland has a light display in December and early January. We enjoyed Illuminations in Wichita and decided to go to Zoo Lights as our Christmas gifts to each other. It wasn't as impressive as Illuminations but we had a good time.

It was the coldest night since we moved out here but was still warmer than the year we went to Botanica. Some animals were available for viewing like the bats and elephants. There was even a baby elephant, which was adorable. The lights were on in the bat enclosure so they were sleeping. We watched them stretch for a while because bats are one of my favorite animals. They look like little flying foxes!

The zoo was crowded and the lights were placed far apart. Brandt and I did quite a bit of speed walking when the lights were only along the path. Some of the displays were breathtaking, which I've included pictures of below. We splurged and got hot chocolate to warm us up and I got peppermint in mine. It was delicious!

Overall, it was much shorter than we thought it would be. Illuminations was impressive with the constant music, Santa, heaters, and synchronized music and light displays. Zoo Lights had its impressive moments and we enjoyed a night out.

Here are some of the best displays:

This display was truly amazing!
I want this in my future backyard!
I would like this in my yard as well.
Dinosaurs!


I really want this display!!
I could watch these penguins "swim" all night.
Needed a cold selfie at the end.
This dragon was pretty cool. It even blew "smoke rings."
The train was pretty but it was too expensive
for what they offered.
I loved the totem pole and how it was lit.
Part of the display was out, but it was still cute!
Goodbye 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment