Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween is my Favorite!

Halloween has been one of my favorite times of year for as long as I can remember. I love dressing up and any excuse I can get to wear I costume, I take it! I also love the fall weather, candy, bats, pumpkins, scary things, the smell of campfires, and so on. My list of things I can't get enough of this time of year goes on and on.

Our favorite things.
A new reason to love this holiday came four years ago when Brandt and I started dating. We went on our first date in early October and spent one of early dates carving pumpkins.

Brandt and his Jack-O-Lantern.
Me and my artwork.
Our first picture together.


 We also went to a Halloween party together and Brandt dressed up even though he wasn't excited about it. His costume was simple but creative and he did it because he knew of my Halloween obsession.

Golf accident victim and cop.

In celebration of costumes, I'm going to post pictures of previous Halloween's below. There are much fewer parties when you're not in college and don't have kids, so I don't think we'll be going out this year. I may dress up for work tomorrow but I still have to be in uniform. We'll see what I come up with!

2005
Beauty Queen
I rewore my prom dress my freshman year of college. Keeping it cheap!



2006
I wore two costumes, each on a different night of celebrating All Hallow's Eve. Pictured with me is one of my wonderful roommates as a Gold Digger.

Swimmer

Angel

2007
Pirate
Continuing my trend of keeping costumes cheap, I put together a pirate outfit! I love pirates and one of my neighbors (pictured below) ended up being a pirate too so it was that much more fun. I drew my own "tattoos," featured below. Also, I had just turned 21 and we had a great time in Aggieville. 



2008
Greek Goddess
I finally splurged and bought a costume but didn't get that many pictures. My friend is a cereal killer but you can't really see her costume either.

2009
Vampire
Pictured with Captain Picard and Lady Gaga.

2010
Cop
I was a "big kid" and working, but we still got to dress up!

2011
Fisherman
This year was inspired by my nautical themed dog costumes. I painted my face with eye shadow to give myself a beard. Apparently, I was quite convincing! I drew my own tattoos again this year as well. Brandt surprised me with his (now infamous) squid hat and the four of us enjoyed the evening walking around Halloween Street in Wichita.
Pondering in my office at work and showing off my "beard" and tat.
Fishing for the giant squid!
My turtle, fish, and squid. Not a bad catch!
Had to add a picture of our Jack-O-Lanterns.

2012
Link from the Legend of Zelda games
Inspired by the video game exhibit at work, I made my costume. I sewed the shirt, hat, and sword belt then painted the shield.


Jack-O-Lanterns from that year.

 2013
Bat
I made a bat costume thanks to Pinterest. I cut up an old umbrella and sewed it to a hoodie. Brandt didn't dress up this year because he was working. My sister joined me and we took the dogs to Halloween Street.

Bat wing makeup.
Sparrow was a witch.
Ellie was a Jack-O-Lantern.
Cedric was a vampire.
Our Jack-O-Lanterns, not hard to guess who did which.
And Brandt did a second (the killer turkey).

No comments:

Post a Comment