Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Pods Arrived Early!

I've been delayed on my posts lately but that's because while we were on our way to the coast, Brandt got a call that our U-Boxes had arrived! We were told it would probably be on the 7th so we were thrilled they arrived almost a week early. We picked them up first thing Wednesday morning and unloaded all three pods in about six hours. That flight of stairs really slowed us down.

Once I set up the papasan, I sat down to rest. Ellie immediately jumped in "her spot" on my left and refused to move the rest of the night. She was thrilled to have her seat back!

Brandt set up the bed frame and headboard so we could sleep in a real bed again that night. We spent most of Thursday unpacking and Friday we finished and hung pictures. Brandt was getting down from his step ladder after hanging a picture above the fire place and the bottom step broke and sent him flying backward. Fortunately, I had failed to recycle a huge box of bubble wrap and paper on the floor behind him. He landed softly on top of it. His only injury is a scrape on his shin.

Now, here are pictures of our new home!

Entrance and Kitchen
Welcome to apartment H!
We have guard dogs.
To the right is the kitchen.
Fridge is decorated and Brandt's been cooking already.
Clean dishes and Craigslist microwave.
Space for leashes, dog towel, and my purse by the door.

Hallway and Man Cave
The hallway has doors to the Man Cave/Fun Room
and half bath.
When we finished decorating the Man Cave
Brandt said, "This room is fun!"
We'll hang our puppy pictures left of the Italian mask
once I make Cedric's collage. We already have ones for
the girls and Sandy.
My crafts still don't have a permanent home.
Brandt has been nice and hasn't complained yet. :)

Half Bath
This is my bathroom because it had
the most room.
Decor was from Brandt's bathroom but
I've made it my nautical room now.
The fishing net was his idea. I love it! (Shells from FL)

Living Room
Looking toward the bedroom and laundry closet.
Slightly different angle, shows door to porch and fireplace.
Living room and kitchen. Stools from Craigslist!
Wet bar and kitchen.
Living room and porch (and Ellie lounging on the couch).
Porch! My hammock will go out here after the apartment
complex is done painting the buildings.

Bedroom & Master Bath
View when you walk in the bedroom.
View from opposite corner
(sliding doors to the porch on the left not pictured).
Looking into the master bath.
Looking out of the master bath into the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment